HELP!! Is This a High Fat Food?
Diets moderately low in fat are good diets to follow during and after weight loss. These diets have no more than 5 grams of fat per serving or no more than 30% of calories from fat.
How do I know if a food has 30% of calories from fat?
- Look at the total calories per serving on the food label.
- Divide the total calories per serving by 3, in your head or with a calculator.
- This is your final number.
- Now look at the calories from fat per serving on the food label.
- If the calories from fat are more than your final number, it is a high fat food. Eat less of these foods.
- If the calories from fat are the same as your final number (or no more than 3 - 5 calories above or below), it is a moderately low fat food. Eat more of these foods.
- If the calories from fat are considerably less than your final number, it is a low fat food. Do include some low fat foods in your diet.